Looking for a job with social relevance, where quality of the work is crucial? Do you like to solve complex problems as part of a multi disciplinary team?
Portavita is a leading eHealth supplier of Integrated Care Systems (ICS), based in Amsterdam, The Netherlands. The working environment at Portavita is challenging: our medical applications require reliability, information security and high availability.
Your work comprises building new functionality for our international Health Management Platform. This platform consists of micro services written in Java and Scala, and a Kafka- and FHIR messages-based data bus, running on Kubernetes, and a PHP application backed by a Postgresql database. You will make sure that a patient gets the right medications and care. Thanks to your efforts the healthcare provider does not overlook critical information from many different sources.
You will be part of a team with multiple nationalities, in our office with a character in the heart of Amsterdam.
- A MSc in Computer Science or proven ability to operate on that level of thinking
- A good verbal and written command of English
- Well-developed analytical skills
- Constantly looking for better concepts
- Experience in refactoring applications to improve code quality
- You are able to extract functionality into separate micro services when appropriate
- Good understanding of design patterns and how to apply them
- Experience with different programming languages, including Java or Scala
- Experience with databases of different kinds (relational, document store, message queue, nosql)
- Quick learner
- You have permission to work in The Netherlands
What we offer
- A competitive salary
- Payment towards pension contribution
- A healthy lunch made by our in house chef
- Flexible working hours
- Working from home (part time)
- A contract for 32-40 hours
- The opportunity to spend some of your time on research into new technologies and methods
For further details, contact Marcel Bodewitz, email@example.com, tel. +31 (0)20 – 820 05 15, or the general telephone number: +31 (0)20 – 82 00 500. Please send your application letter and cv by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition as a result of our vacancies is not appreciated.