Portavita is a leading supplier of integrated care systems. As a platform for collaboration it supports hundreds of thousands of healthcare professionals, and patients all over the world. Our aim is to assist and enhance the prevention, diagnosis, treatment, monitoring and management in health and lifestyle.
We have a keen interest in creating scalable solutions that can be deployed for a variety of healthcare solutions in different countries. Portavita has a strong commitment to the use of open-source software, and an open culture with a lot of freedom in the choices of solutions.
The data delivery team is responsible for providing near real-time data from internal and external health services to downstream consumers, including systems for analytics, decision support and external APIs.
What you’ll do:
- Use functional programming and modern stream-processing libraries to build stateless services in Scala
- Work in a scalable service-based architecture where business critical services run in Docker containers in Kubernetes
- Maintain our software stack of mostly Scala, along with some Java and scripting languages
- Use state-of-the-art storage systems such as Kafka, PostgreSQL, MongoDB
- Work closely with other teams that use near real-time data streams
- Cooperate in a scrum team to design, code and test product increments
- 5+ Years of previous work experience
- MSc in Computer Science or related field
- Solid coding skills in Scala, modern Java, or other JVM language
- Experience with SQL and noSQL databases
- Experience with Docker, Kubernetes, continuous delivery and devops are a plus
- Ability to work well in collaborative environment
- Good command of the English language
Terms of Employment
We offer a competitive salary, including a payment towards pension contribution and healthy lunch made by in house chef. Working hours are flexible. For further details, contact Marcel Bodewitz, email@example.com, tel. +31 (0)20 – 820 05 15, or the general telephone number: +31 (0)20 – 82 00 500.
Please send your application letter and cv by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Acquisition as a result of our vacancies is not appreciated.